Pages

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • RSS Feed

Saturday, May 25, 2013

I'm Daniel Pink, and this is how I work.

 



Daniel Pink is in the field of psychology of motivation, if you are interested chances are that you have read his bestseller Drive. In it he argues that three simple things propel us: autonomy(wanting to direct our own lives), mastery(wanting to be good at something), and purpose(wanting to make a difference). Here are some of his favorite apps, time-savers, and inspirations.

Location: Washington D.C.
Current Gig: Writer.
Current mobile device: iPhone 4s
Current computer: MacBook Pro and iMac
One word that best describes how you work: Slowly

What apps/software/tools can't you live without?

Dropbox, Instapaper, iDoneThis, and Jumbo(poster-sized) stickies.

 What's your workspace like?


I work out of a rehabbed garage that sits behind my house and serves as world headquarters of Pink, Inc.

What's you're favorite time-saving trick?

I do only the task that can be done in fewer than two minutes immediately.

What's your favorite to-do list manager?

Not only am I analogue on this front, I use paper and pencil. And not even a mechanical pencil -- the kind that needs a sharpener.

Besides your phone and computer, what gadget can't you live without?

My Fields Notes notebook.

What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?

Preparing dinner from an apparently empty refrigerator. I don't have recipes. That's the fun part -- figuring out what's doable (and edible) no matter what the fridge presents.

What do you listen to while you work?

Nothing except my own internal anguish. In fact, I often wear ear plugs -- not just on airplanes but sometimes in my own office.

Are you more of an introvert or extrovert?

I'm an ambivert -- more introverted than extroverted but with some extraordinary well-developed faking skills.

What's you're sleep routine like?

I generally go to sleep a little after 11 PM and wake up a little after 7 AM. 

What's the best advice you've ever received?

"Live as if you were living already for the second time and as if you had acted the first time as wrongly as you are about to act now." -- Victor Frankl








 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff