Pages

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • RSS Feed

Monday, June 10, 2013

I'm Dominique Leca, Co-Founder of Sparrow, and This is How I Work

 

Sparrow is a Mac email client. It's minimalist characteristics sets it apart from the other clients. Google acquired Sparrow last year, taking co-founder Dominique Leca with it. However this did not stop from catching up with him and asking him for some his productivity tips, work tunes, favorite gadgets and well, other random things.

Location: Paris, France
Current Gig: Product Manager at Google
Current mobile device: iPhone 5
Current computer: Macbook Air 13"
One word that best describes how you work: "Burst"

 What apps/software/tools you would rather die than live without?

Spotify, a Big Jambox, and Google Maps.

What's your workspace like?

It's pretty simple -- classic desk with my MBA and a pair of cheap headphones.

Whats you favorite time-saving trick?

I'm trying as much as I can to restrict myself  from using apps on my phone. I try to stick to the phone, SMS, and Maps app.

What's your favorite to-do list manager?

I don't use any. iPhone's Notes does the job in the case of emergency.

Besides your phone and computer, what gadget can't you live without?

A good book.

What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else? 

Being annoying My secret is that I have no social awareness at all.

What do you listen to while you work?

Spotify playlists from friends. There's more than 1,500 tracks and I'm constantly discovering good stuff that I never would have found.

What's the best advice you've ever received?

"Never think that you have time."

Is there anything else you want to add?

If you're into software design, watch/read all of Bret Victor's presentations.
















 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff