Pages

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • RSS Feed

Monday, June 3, 2013

I'm Leah Busque, Founder of TaskRabbit, and This Is How I work

 

We all have stuff in out to do lists that we're either too busy or too lazy to Finnish. That's where task TaskRabbit comes in. TaskRabbit is a website where you can outsource you chores. Whether it's getting groceries, putting together furniture, or picking up a Craiglist purchase, TaskRabbit's network of reliable re-doers will take it off you hands.
We caught up with Leah Busque, the woman behind the magic of TaskRabbit, to find out how she stays so productive.

Location: San Francisco, CA
Current Gig: Founder & CEO, TaskRabbit
Current mobile device: iPhone 5
Current computer: 11-inch MacBook Air
One word that best describes how you work: Relentlessly

What apps/software/tools can't you live without?

For productivity I couldn't live without Asana. When it comes to communicating with my team, I Use Hipchat. I also really love staying socially engaged with my team via Path.

What's your workspace like?


I sit at a desk in a spacious, open format at TaskRabbit HQ. We don't have offices here -- we have pods -- and we all sit near one another. This makes it easy to approach and help one another. It's and environment that naturally facilitates team work.

What's your best time-saving shortcut?

To cut down on email and spend time in meetings, I hold weekly office hours where my team can sign up to chat with me about a given topic. I also always block off 15 minutes in between meetings so my inbox doesn't get a head of me while I'm in a conference room.

I also use color coded calenders.

What's your favorite to-do list manager?

Asana.

Besides your phone and computer, what gadget can't you live without?

The Bluetooth feature/compatibility in my car. i love taking conference calls on the road.

What do you listen to while you work?

My work jams always include Maroon 5 and Jay-Z.

What's your sleep routine like?

I prefer to go to bed early when possible. I honestly can't remember the last time I was able to sleep in -- Emerson serves as our built in alarm clock.


What's the best advice you've ever received?

When I told Scott Griffin, the former CEO of ZipCar about my idea for TaskRabbit he told me, "I think you are onto something. See how far you can take it." Not a day goes by that I don;t remember those words.







 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff